tirsdag den 2. april 2013

Farming my own mealworms

I have decided to try to farm mealworms on my own to create a steady supply. This was recommended by a fellow Sugar Glider owner and I will definitely try my best. Let's see how it goes.

If you have any advice on the matter, please let me know. At the moment I have beatles crawling in oatmeal and I give them half a potato every other day to provide moisture.

But one of by boxes has mold in the oatmeal. This means I have to empty the box, wash it and put in some new oatmeal. Any advice on how to avoid it. This is the second time I am changing the oatmeal. Can too many beatles in too little space creature a too moist environment or too good growingconditions for mold - or is it only if the potatoes or apples accidentally have contact with the oatmeal?


Er igang med at dyrke mine egne melorme. Det bliver spændende at se hvordan det går. Hvis I har nogle gode råd til "dyrkningen" så smid endelig en kommentar :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar